- Our Community
- Leadership Resources
- Consulting Services
Employment Opportunity with LLC!
Submitted by Anonymous on Tue, 05/29/2012 - 14:19
Leadership Learning Community (LLC) is a national nonprofit organization transforming the way leadership development work is conceived, conducted and evaluated, primarily within the nonprofit sector. We focus on leveraging leadership as a means to create a more just and equitable society. We combine our expertise in identifying, evaluating and applying cutting-edge ideas and promising practices in the leadership development field, with access to our engaged national network of hundreds of experienced funders, consultants and leadership development programs, to drive the innovation and collaboration needed to make leadership more effective. We also offer consulting services to help programs and foundations optimize their leadership investment strategy, including scans, evaluations and network development.
LLC currently seeks an Administrative Manager to work from its Oakland, CA headquarters office.
The Administrative Manager will serve an instrumental role, engaging closely with LLC’s team of staff and consultants, foundation and nonprofit clients, and other community partners. More specifically, the incumbent will:
- Organize and maintain senior staff’s calendar, travel arrangements and reimbursements, and logistical arrangements
- Prepare materials for external meetings, in support of LLC’s staff and consultants
- Assist LLC staff in administering webinars and other learning forums
- Serve as the primary liaison between LLC’s fiscal sponsor Tides Center, related to finance, human resources, contracts, grants and other issues
- Utilize financial reports from Tides Center to maintain monthly financial reports, for management and the Board of Director’s review and analysis
- Coordinate with LLC staff, especially its Project Manager, to track and evaluate its consulting projects, and other activities
- Develop scope of work contracts and manage invoicing for LLC clients and subcontractors
- Manage general office systems and equipment
- Utilize technology, such as online project management and invoicing solutions, to maintain efficient and easily accessible systems for staff and consultants
- Engage in frequent communication with LLC’s staff and consultants, through participation at regular meetings and on an as-needed basis, to ensure an appropriate flow of information to LLC’s team
- Coordinate logistics for events and large national meetings
- Represent LLC as the initial point of contact to the public
Key Qualifications and Attributes
The Administrative Manager should have a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in a similar role, and should optimally possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- A Bachelors of Arts degree
- Interest in leadership development, and appreciation of LLC’s core mission and values
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization
- Exceptional organizational skills, with a burning desire to make things operate more seamlessly!
- Strong internal and external, written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with nonprofit accounting and finance standards, and an ability to use financial data to generate basic monthly reports (though this position will not perform bookkeeping activities)
- Knowledge of standard human resource practices (though these functions are primarily managed by our fiscal sponsor Tides Center)
- A strong customer service orientation
- Ease with working in a small team environment
- Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and ability to perform mail merges, independently compose donor letters and email communications
- Interest and facility with online software, such as Basecamp and Harvest for project management, invoicing, planning and operational tasks
- Experience with basic project management and workflow re-design
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A highly professional, respectful, and positive work style and overall demeanor
- Position may involves lifting, carrying, and walking up stairs
This is a .75 FTE position (30-32 hours/week) with a benefits package that includes health and dental benefits, option to contribute before taxes to a retirement plan, vacation/holiday/sick pay.
Leadership Learning Community, a project of Tides Center, is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements. and if available-a brief writing sample, to email@example.com by June 1, 2012. In subject line, please write: LLC Administrative Manager. No calls please! Thank you for your interest in LLC and this position.