When: Friday, June 20th from 1:00-2:30 EST (10:00-11:30 PST).
Learn more by clicking here now.
About the Circle: Building on history of work with Health Leadership programs and funders, LLC tested the idea and possible value of forming a Health Affinity Circle. There was enthusiastic support for the potential to connect resources, tools and learning among diverse programs, and to build stronger connections that might lead to joint action, collaboration and partnerships among programs and their graduates.
LLC gathered a small group at its national meeting, Creating Space, to talk about initiating a Health Affinity Circle and in the summer of 2006 LLC formally initiated a national Health Leadership Learning Circle. The goals and objectives of this circle will be refined as circle participants are convened to define their shared understanding of purpose. Several early ideas have been expressed about what a might be accomplished by a Health Affinity Circle:
• Increase social capital among diverse health leadership development programs
• Develop a framework that connects leaders across multiple issues and sub fields
• Identify learning and action priorities
• Introduce new tools to increase opportunities for virtual learning
• Introduce innovative curricula and evaluation tools
Visit the wiki of the Health Circle for more information on the design of the retreat and the circle's work.