- Our Community
- Leadership Resources
- Consulting Services
Dr. Louis D. Cox
Name: Dr. Louis D. Cox
City: New York
- Background in leadership development (Education and/or Experience):
- Louis D. Cox, Ph.D. 58 East 79th Street New York, NY 10075 212-717-6997 www.egomechanics.com email@example.com Dr. Louis D. Cox is a Management Consultant and a licensed Clinical Psychologist who has been practicing for forty years. His areas of expertise include the following: High Performance Team Development Dr. Cox has consulted to different types of teams, such as executive teams, management teams, musical bands, and community organizing teams around developing and maintaining high performance strategies. He has developed simple but transforming team communication formats for teams which allow them to keep a strong connection to the team's collective skills, intelligence, and creativity and to circumvent the barriers to maintaining authentic team communication. This results in sustained high performance. Clients have included The Disney Corporation, AT&T, American Airlines, Sony Corporation, International Creative Management, Big Foote, as well as numerous successful rock and roll bands, including Aerosmith, REM, and BonJovi. He is a consultant member of the Society for Organizational Learning. Alcoholism and Addiction Dr. Cox is an expert in the area of alcoholism and addictions. He is experienced in the technique known as “intervention” which is designed to enable a family group or business colleagues to deal effectively with the insidious and destructive power of addictive disorders. The goal of the intervention process is for both the addicted person and those key people around him/her to move decisively toward a more healthful, empowered, and authentic way of being. He is a certified member of the Association of Intervention Specialists. Psychotherapy Dr. Cox is trained in a variety of psychotherapeutic techniques including psychoanalysis, Gestalt therapy, Psychodrama, and cognitive therapy. Through both individual and group sessions he assists his clients release the mental, emotional, and spiritual limitations set on them by faulty parenting, education and socialization, and through this release to increasingly access their authentic self. Depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, shame reduction, and anger management are examples of issues addressed in Dr. Cox’ practice. Dr. Cox also supervises other therapists in their practice of psychotherapy. Publications: A Conscious Life: Cultivating the Seven Qualities of Authentic Adulthood. Conari Press, 1996. This book, co-authored with his wife Fran, explores the nature of being an adult by describing the inner operating principles of a fully present and empowered adult. It includes exercises for the development of these qualities. Egos at Work. Publication date to be announced. This book explores the interaction of egos and teamwork. It provides tools that release teams from the “ego problems” so common to any group that requires collective intelligence and creativity for its successful functioning.
- What do you hope to gain from and contribute to the learning community:
- I would like to share thinking and practices around collective leadership. I have written an article entitled "The Discipline of Conscious Conversation: Principles and Practices". I have been active in some conversations about these issues on the Presencing Institute's site and have psoted my article there. I would welcome feedback.
- Personal areas of interest or expertise:
- Regional Learning Circles:
- New York
- Interest-oriented Learning Circles